Saturday, August 25, 2012

A Pretty Cake for a Pretty Lady

It was my sister-in-law's birthday last week, which meant it was time to whip up something special! After much humming and hawing, I decided to make something that included her most recent shoe purchase -- a pair of gorgeous Valentinos. Since a sugar shoe figurine was something I had done one too many times already, I thought I'd make a cake with elements from the shoe rather than the shoe itself. These are her hot hot beauties,


and here's how I replicated it on the sides of her cake. I used some hand-cut fondant, with the edges piped in royal icing.


My sister-in-law also recently got some very sexy business cards. So, I decided to use the pattern from them for the top tier of the cake. 

Business card: 

 My cake interpretation:


Et voila! A pretty cake for a pretty lady! 




No comments:

Post a Comment