Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Delicioso!

Dora is so popular with kids! She also has a special place in my heart, since my first big cake was Dora themed. My niece had her own Dora phase, and she was obsessed! So, for her second birthday, my fiancĂ© and I had made her a crazy animated cake. And now, for an order, I was asked to revisit Dora's characters! 

This client always wants two cakes, one for a friends party, and one for a family party. That meant I made each character twice. You think that'd be easy... Instead I was twice as critical, and twice as picky with all my details.


Turning a 2D drawing into a 3D figurine is always tough. Any slight deviances in the features makes the character unrecognisable. Fortunately, everyone recognized this little girl as Dora, including all the children at the party, my toughest critics ;-)


Dora's sporting her backpack, as usual, with her trusty map in his pocket!




By the end of the party there was no cake left for Swiper to swipe! Oh man! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment