Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Do You Want to Build a Snowman?


Disney's new movie Frozen is quite possible one of the cutest movies ever! The princesses are strong and independent. Olaf the snowman is an amazing character, and stole my heart from the moment I saw the first teaser for the movie. He is such a cheeky little guy!

My first order for a Frozen cake was, of course, with Elsa on it. I made this cake a while back, before I had actually watched the movie. I knew I had to include snowflakes and sparkle, that was pretty much all I got, based on googling images!





Once I had seen the movie, there was no way I wasn't going to make Olaf in cake. The next order I had, I practically insisted that I make Olaf rather than the princesses! I didn't need to do much convincing though... Really, who can say no to such an adorable creature!?




I really wanted to take a picture of myself holding his head, like in the movie, but hubby was too busy working on the next cake, so I had to settle for a selfie :D He turned out much bigger than I had initially planned! Oh well, it's a happy mistake! 







3 comments:

  1. Your cakes are so impressive! I will be ordering from you in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I happened across your blog in Pinterest when searching for Olaf cakes. Can I ask if you used cake for Olaf’s head and just cut and shaped it free hand? My friend asked me to make one for her daughter and would like to try this. It’s a beautiful cake. Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I happened across your blog in Pinterest when searching for Olaf cakes. Can I ask if you used cake for Olaf’s head and just cut and shaped it free hand? My friend asked me to make one for her daughter and would like to try this. It’s a beautiful cake. Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete