Monday, February 20, 2012

Tale as Old as Time

I love anything that is Disney and even better, love recreating the movies and characters in cake. I was asked to make a Beauty and the Beast cake for a little girl, and was extremely thrilled! I had seen a beautiful design somewhere with a floating rose in a glass vase. I thought the design was brilliant and just had to make my own version of it! 


I made a two-tier cake, separated by a glass vase with a floating sugar rose in it. The bottom tier had a few of the characters around it, along with the staircase from the castle. 


 

The top tier was a starry sky, with golden accents from the room where they share a dance together to Mrs. Potts' song... best scene ever! The cake is then topped with sugar figurines of Belle and the Beast. I owe my boyfriend big time for Beast's head... mine turned out horribly, and he's just awesome like that!


Just look at this romantic couple! What a beautiful story about true love, instead of love at first sight <3


No comments:

Post a Comment