Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Traditional Wedding Cake

This weekend, I had a very last minute wedding. By last minute, I mean I met with the bride and groom a week before their big day! Eek! Luckily, I was available to make them their cake, and I was able to make a sweet couple very happy. :)

They were having a fairly small wedding, so they didn't need anything too big, but the bride wanted it to be as tall as possible. She wanted a traditional pillared cake, which usually isn't my cup of tea... but my brides get what my brides want! I put my own little spin on the picture she came to me with, and I have to say, I ended up liking it way more than I expected. Instead of the usual piped detail, I mimicked the same look using fondant pearls and fondant swags, all topped with some orchid bouquets.






No comments:

Post a Comment