Sunday, November 6, 2011

Anything For My Mommy

This year, my mom turned the fabulous five-oh, and what better reason to throw a big, fancy party! And what's a fabulous party without an equally fabulous cake? So, on top of planning a surprise party for 100+ guests, I was working on making a cake that would be as amazing as my mother. I wanted it to be colorful, bold, and full of details.

I can't take credit for the design of this cake, it's based on a cake by Ron-Ben Israel. And no, mine isn't nearly as amazing as THE King of Cakes, which is why I'm not going to post a picture of his cake... now that would just be silly, you can't compare the two! After all, he does have an army of flower makers!

That being said, here's my mom's birthday cake, made with so much love!







2 comments:

  1. beautiful! how much time does it take you to work on a cake like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! A cake with this many flowers takes me about a week?

    ReplyDelete