Saturday, November 26, 2011

Michael Kors Purse Cake

Well it's about time I get an order for a purse cake! It's such a popular cake, perfect for any fashionable lady. Especially for this Montreal girl, who took a trip to the Woodbury Outlets in NY just to get her hands on this bag. Now, that must be what they call love!

Luckily, my amazing sister-in-law is also very into bags and such, and I had the actual bag in front of me while making the cake. Very helpful! :)

Also very cool for taking pictures of the cake with the real thing...




It's been a while since I've had to stay up late because of a cake, but this one definitely fixed that problem. All those MK's! At first, I started stamping them on with a sponge I had meticulously cut out in the shape of the logo... fast, but ugly results. So I wiped that off, and then started free hand painting them. Also decently fast, but uneven results. Back to the drawing board. No fast method was going to satisfy me (duh! what was I thinking!), so I printed out the logo a million times on a piece of paper, used that to cut out a stencil on a plastic sheet (in case you can't tell where this is going, cutting out all those mini letters with an exacto knife isn't a walk in the park), and THEN, I used the stencil to paint each of those little MK's. It might be 2am, but now I can sleep soundly knowing all my MK's are even and lined up. Ahhh... satisfaction! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment