Thursday, November 24, 2011

Precious Pink Baby Shower

Last weekend, I made a cake for the cutest baby shower I have ever seen! The two girls organizing the shower made a huge assortment of pink pastries and desserts - from cakes pops to meringues - all by themselves. There must have been a good 20 or more different types of goodies, all displayed so beautifully on their table. And among it all went my pink cake on a glass cake stand. It fit so perfectly, I'm just so in love! It's exactly what a baby shower should look like!

Here's a picture of the whole table. It doesn't nearly do it justice, but it's the only one I've got for now...



I also fell in love with making babies! Fondant babies, that is! They're so tiny, and insanely cute! Last month, I had the pleasure of attending a baby themed cake demo (and a two day wedding cake decorating course) by the amazingly talented Mercedes Strachwsky from Bake Me a Cake in Florida. I have yet to blog about all the amazingness I learned over those three days, but here I was, finally given the chance to put some of that to use! Here's my iddy biddy baby!




This here is the TINIEST fondant rose ever made in the history of cakes ;)


Edible jewels! Yes, ladies, you can eat this beautiful *bling*!

No comments:

Post a Comment